- This event has passed.
HOW WE USED TO LIVE – FAMILY HISTORY DAY
May 18th @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
How We Used To Live – Family History Day
Saturday 18 May, 10am – 3pm
Free entry, all welcome!
- 10.30am – Sources from archives that can be used to build a picture of past lives and experiences of our ancestors by Julian Pooley.
- 11.30am – Life and Labour in a County Village- or Learn to Love your Ag Labs! by Jane Lewis.
- 13.30pm – Ripley and Send, reflections on the ‘war to end all wars’. Stories of the men from two small Surrey villages in the Great War 1914-1918 by Steve Johnson.
We will also have documents from our own collections on display and have advice desks and stands from local groups and societies on a variety of topics.
- Brookwood Cemetery Society
- West Surrey Family History Society
- East Surrey Family History Society
- Surrey Infantry Museum
- West Sussex Family History Society
- Surrey in the Great War
- Irish/Scottish advice
- Military expert
- Surrey Heritage
The event is completely free but please book a place online.